At a glance
As part of the Open Water Series, we offer 3 different cups:
1. The International Open Water Majors - which focus on longer distances with international participants
2. The Classic Open Water Cup- which offers shorter distances especially in the east/central area of Austria
3. The Junior Open Water Cup - which offers beginner distances for ambitious club swimmers between the ages of 10 and 17
5-7 competitions at 5-6 events are available in the Majors Cup 2022.
A maximum of 4 of these will count. You can score points at the Backwaterman on Saturday and Sunday. At least 2 competitions must be swim for the cup ranking.
5 - 6 competitions are available at the Classic Open Water Cup. Of these, a maximum of 3 count - at least 2 must be swum 3-4 competitions are available for the Junior Open Water Cup. My. 2 in the score and at least 2 must be swum.
International Open Water Majors 2022 preview
The classic start event
Date May 22nd
Distances: 1.9km, 3.8km/ 5.7km
Registration: opens at the middle of March
Lake Balaton Bay Crossing, Hungary - Open Water Tournament
Date 25th of June 2022
Reservetage 23.6, 3.7.
Reservation: Balatonalmádi Budatava beach
Races 9K/ 3K | Balatonalmádi Budatava beach link
17th Backwaterman Open Water 1st-3rd July 2022
New 3 days - 3 lakes Kampseen Challenge
- The classics at the Ottenstein reservoir 7km and 14km open water
- River swimming on the Dobra
- New swimming at the Thurnberg reservoir
Lake Constance Open Water Crossings :
there are several dates over 2.5/5/10/11/22 km on the program
Counts as a cup competition for the majors
July 23, 2022 Friedrichshafen-Romanshorn (BOW Swim Festival), 11 km
5th Bled Swim Marathon 2022 Bled, Slovenia
Distances 5km, 1.5km
10th Lake Neusiedl Swimming Festival
with 31st lake crossing
Date 10./11. September
Lake crossings 3.1 and 6.2 km